Enviroment & Sustaintability
Our commitment at Bories House is to offer the highest possible standards of accommodation and cuisine. This is to be delivered in a professional yet friendly manner to create an enjoyable and welcoming atmosphere. These high standards are to be balanced with offering good value for money to encourage repeat business and on-going customer relationships. We aim to provide a working environment where staff enjoy coming to work, are happy at work and operate as a team whilst realizing their own identity and role in making the hotel special and more than just a place to eat and sleep.
One of the key attributes of Bories House is the beautiful countryside that surrounds it and we are committed to preserve this environment and take measures when possible to reduce the carbon footprint of our operation.
We always look to take a green approach when it does not detract from our customer's experience and there are numerous measures that fit this requirement as follows:
- Minimize electric consumption by fitting low energy light bulbs in the corridors, bedside lamps, outside lights and any other areas that do not detract from the ambience and atmosphere.
- Have modern and efficient heating and cooling systems that are regularly maintained
- Ensuring a high level of insulation to minimize heat loss
- Encourage staff and guests to switch off lights and appliances when not in use
- Recycle our waste - all cardboard, plastic bottles and glass are able to be taken away for recycling.
- Organic waste from the kitchen goes for compost in our gardens.
- Use local suppliers for all goods whenever possible to reduce delivery miles - produce such as meat, vegetables, eggs and seafood all come from the local region.
- Use recycled products when suitable - toilet paper, bin bags and some paper products.
- Avoid split shifts for staff to minimize travel to and from work.